Return to open world home page
Inspired by an extract from the Kenneth White poem “The Shaman’s Way”, I’ve created this skeleton composition, a composition with space to allow for open expression. To collaborate, click here for some compositional ideas or alternatively, just go for it !
1. Download the soundcloud file and import into your DAW (digital audio workstation) at bar 1 beat 1.
2. Record your collaboration from bar 1, beat 1.
3. Output you individual track (omitting the skeleton track) as a 44.1khz, 16 bit audio file.
4. Upload the audio file to you’re soundcloud account. If you do not have a soundcloud account you can register for one here.
5. Once your file is up op on sound cloud email the me the link at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will then create and send you a stereo mix of the work.
The recording is in the key of E, played at 90 bpm.
Extract From “The Shaman’s Way” by Kenneth White
I beat on the drum
now the gull talks through me
I dance the bird dance
I fly from place to place
higher up, ever higher